Postcards!


Here's a pic of my current postcards (2-up, front + back). I never realized how important marketing materials were until I went through my first set of 200 postcards. When I first got them, I thought they would last forever! I find that I use the postcards much more than the actual business cards that I got. I like the postcards because they are large enough where I can show a few examples of my work along with the other pertinent information like bio, email and blog addresses, etc. Now I am all out and have been forced to used the oversized postcards that I ordered. I don't really use them much - they are called oversized for a reason. They are just so big and awkward. I've been trying to come up with some alternate uses for them, nothing brilliant has come to mind yet though. The best idea was to use them to staple fabric on for samples. Ask me if I've put together any sample cards. Ha! Which this reminds me that I wanted to do a bunch of samples for the Sampler some time...

Right now, the cards have pillows on them, but I would like to do a similar version with my scarves. Maybe once those are designed, I'll do a real mailing (rather than email) to everyone on my contact list. Funny, I've never actually sent them through the mail and used them as actual "postcards". I always include them with my orders, but I have been also thinking about mailing them to some local boutique shops as a kind of introduction to my work (more on that later).
My cards are on the way - I wonder how long it will take for me to go through these. Stay tuned for a new postcard design soon.....

Comments