Etsy + Craft Contest Entry!


Okay so here is my entry for the Etsy + Craft contest. Wow, there were over 250 entries and only 5 were chosen. The winners were announced yesterday.....and I didn't win. But, Etsy has decided to put some of the notable entries on their front page for the next couple of days. Guess who's silk logo scarf is up there today? Yes! Yours truly. I'm excited to be in the first round of contest picks and also just to be on Etsy's front page twice in one week! A rare occurance. It has really given me some great exposure. Nice!

Another Etsy seller, preciouspups (check out her super cute acrylic + metal jewelry while you're there), has decided to pick her own winners also and I was one of her picks! You can see her selections here. Thanks precious!

I love doing contests - it puts me in the mindstate of being back in college. I love the feeling of having parameters sometimes. Constrained freedom. Designing and making whatever you want whenever you want is really refreshing too, but sometimes I do miss having a specific "project" to work on. One that has rules and a deadline. I find it interesting seeing what hundreds of people will come up when given the same set of rules. At any rate, it was a pleasure and I am looking forward to the next one.

This was also a good opp to develop another logo scarf to add to my portfolio. I treated this project as if Craft: wanted to have a logo piece done for their company. I loved doing it and hope to get more custom logo projects. They're fun.

Comments

Danielle said…
lol i had the same thought (back in school) i loved working on this and having a sort of specific challenge. love your work too ;)