Craft:


Yippee! I just added another new button down there to the "Push My Buttons" section. I love doing that. It's for Craft:, a new project based magazine + blog that is launching this fall. They are a division of Make:, which is a really cool magazine + blog centering around the DIY movement relating mostly to technology. I'm excited about Craft: because they are really bringing the new alternative craft movement to the forefront. I like how they modernize old crafty things that we used to associate with the word "craft" and freshen them up. They are also teaming up with Etsy to do a contest to promote this launch. The contest is to basically interpret the Craft: logo in any medium. The item will then be listed in my Etsy shop to be judged by the Etsy and Craft: admins. I have some ideas in mind, and seeing as how the deadline is less than a week away, I will be working on my submission in the days ahead. This should be a pretty awesome promo! Craft: also has a flickr group that I have been a member of for some months now. They are really doing some great things for the craft world right now, I am happy to be a part of this new renaissance movement!

Comments