One pillow's story

This is one of my favorite pillows. I love the simplicity of the wide stripes.

On Earth Day, April 22, 2006, this pillow was one of the twelve front page featured items. Items picked by Earthlings. Totally unbeknownst to me!

This happened to be the same day of the Spring Bada-Bing! show - I had been in such a rush to get ready that morning that I didn't check my Etsy shop. I was setting up and a fellow Etsy seller that happened to be volunteering came up to me and said, "You're on the front page today!" I couldn't believe it. Me? Are you sure? Which item? She wasn't sure, then took one glance at my table and pointed it out. Wow!

I felt like I was floating setting up the rest of my display. Me? On the front page? kept racing through my mind. Okay, okay, so I've got my booth all set up and I'm coming down from my Etsy high and I look up and see one of my friends that I hadn't seen in a while. She didn't even know that I was a silk painter, let alone the fact that I had a booth at the Spring Bada-Bing! show. She had seen our ads and wanted to check it out. Well, we chit-chatted for a bit, she looks at my wares and decides to buy a pillow. Which pillow? THE FEATURED PILLOW!

What a glorious day for this little pillow! So much attention. I gladly packed up her purchase and told her that she had an Etsy-famous pillow. She had never heard of Etsy and was very interested - she makes and sells her creations too. I couldn't wait to get home to see the item on the Etsy homepage, and oh what if it sold, I would never get to see! I was preparing myself to make another one - just in case it also sold on Etsy that day. I was able to make it home in time to see for myself, but I was also grateful that one of my techno-savvy friends took a screen shot for me too!

So now the infamous pillow has a happy new home and I have been told that it's new owners are enjoying it very much! Yay!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a cool story! I think I would scream like a school girl if one of my pieces was featured. Lucky pillow and Lucky you!