Copyrighting?


strawberry
Originally uploaded by crrysstall.
Here's a sketch of a strawberry. This is how most all of my pieces start out - with a sketch. It eventually turned into this silk strawberry scarf that I'm selling in my Etsy shop right now. I have been contemplating expanding my product line to include a bit more than silk. The questions looms, if I were to sell items using my sketches/drawings/designs in more of a raw form would I need to put the little c in the circle thing on everything? I'm thinking most definitely yes! It is not hard to right click on something on the internet these days and just grab any image.

Copyrighting has always been at the back of my mind and has not been as much of an issue with my silk because I figured it would be much much harder for someone to reproduce those pieces. I really like this article on copyrighting and crafting I read and it really convinced me that I definitely will need to start adding the symbol if I go forth with some of the concepts I have been brainstorming on. Stay tuned.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
crystal,
how random, i have a post on copyrighting prepared for my blog tomorrow. check it out for some additional info but this is a link i have found extremely helpful: http://whipup.net/2006/03/01/copyright-for-crafters-and-artists/