Subscribe! Vote!


Well it's been just about 6 weeks since I launched the email subscription and poll features on my blog. I say launched very lightly, because I really only announced it on the blog and not in an annoucement email type format to all of my contacts. Although it was a soft launch I am pleased that people have actually subscribed here and are continuing to do so. I still want to do that big email, hopefully soon, as I really haven't sent out any "what's new" emails in quite a bit. Pre-blog I used to send out an email about once a month just to let those that have signed up for my contact list know what show I'll be in next or if I'm having any sales or promotions, etc. I have been really getting into blogging lately which is almost like a daily "what's new". Needless to say the "what's new" email has suffered a bit. I know, I still need to send out that email about once a month for those that aren't regular crystal j. silk blog readers. So, I will be putting together one to send hopefully in the near near future. I want to invite those already on the contact list to subscribe here and maybe do something special for those new subscribers and for those that have already signed up.

The first poll I set up was about Daily Blog emails because I just wanted to get a feel for how many people were already getting them. The results were not entirely surprising, 80% said yes, and 20% said no. Not many people voted, but it was enough to get an idea, and it supported my idea of promoting the subscription feature a bit more. I like the voting feature, not sure how many were actually able to vote though. I've noticed that I could not get the feature to work while I was using Internet Explorer, but in Firefox it worked fine. I've noticed this same phenomenon on a number of sites and I immediatey switch to Firefox if something doesn't work right. Have you ever ran across this issue?

So, this leads me to my next poll question. What internet browser do you use?
you can vote in the panel to the left just under the subscription area

P.S. If daily blog emails aren't your style, just drop me an email if you want to just sign up for the "what's new" once-a-month newsletter.

Comments