Blog Collectives!


scarves, originally uploaded by crrysstall.

I guess that's what they are called. A bunch of blog's collected in one spot. RVA Blogs is the only blog collective that I belong to right now. I am on a few blog directories, but I have yet to find another site set up quite like RVA Blogs. The bloggers there are all from Richmond, thus R V A, but that is basically the only common thread. There are political blogs, art blogs, personal blogs...but all from the minds of Richmonders. I love it. I enjoy being a part of that site; reading what other Richmonders are thinking and actually getting views and exposure at the same time. Everytime one of the bloggers listed writes a new entry, it is automatically posted there. I like how the blogs are just fed onto the page as they are created. They even have this system where you can click the entry if you think it is interesting and if it gets enough clicks the post will go in a special box called popular posts that's right at the top right of the home page. Brilliant! I would like to belong to some other blog collectives, maybe one strictly for crafts or home decor or women entrepreneurs. Do you know of any other good blog collectives?

Comments

Anonymous said…
The only other blog collective that I know of is www.houseblogs.net. We are part of this one and have been for a couple of years. (Our house is at www.lestercat.net/house. Check out our mess!) It's nice to have so many other crazy people out there renovating a house, it makes us feel a little less crazy for the choices we made.

-ronni