To Tag or Not to Tag

That is the question. A two-fold question.

Part One: I've been wanting to tell you about a new thing I'm doing with my scarves. I used to sew custom woven labels on my scarves that said a crystal j. ORIGINAL. Plain, simple white tags with black lettering. Sure, it wasn't fun sewing the labels on to each scarf, but it was something that I had started doing with my pillows and it had just continued onto the scarves. Well, recently I had a request to eliminate the labels as they were going to cut it off any ways. Hmmm, I thought - my husband had suggested me several times in the past that I paint my name on the scarves that way if the label fell off - or was cut off - you would still know that you had a crystal j. scarf. So, now I am simply painting my signature right into each and every scarf. It's funny how those requests that you think are so odd at the time, can turn out to become something that you will continue to incorporate into your work. Here I was thinking that it would be a more time-consuming to do this, but turns out sewing the label actually took more time. I like it - it's greener - nice and streamlined and think of the labels that I'm saving!

Part Two: My blog was tagged like 3 months ago. Ha! I always feel like I need to play along even if it takes me a while. I always put of doing stuff like this and wonder does it lose it's effect if I don't do it right away? I also never know if I'm re-tagging someone that has already been tagged. It always feels much more like I'm being punk'd than tagged. So after much thought, I've decided to go tagless on this issue too.

No tagging in 09. Sweet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am a fan of the no tag.

just found your site. you do beautiful work!
Yes,yippee for no tagging in 09!

And thank you so much for your kind words!
woven labels said…
Wow, this is inspiring and sooo beautiful. Thanks Crystal!