Shrinky Dinks! Shrinky Dinks!


Have you ever heard of shrinky dinks? They are "magical". Well, at least that's what they say. If you haven't, it's shrink plastic that miraculously shrinks exponentially when heated. You can make all sorts of cool stuff with it, there is actually quite a bit of shrinky dink stuff on Etsy. Well, tonight is your night if you want to learn how to work with it! The Richmond Craft Mafia is having another Craft Lounge and the theme is Shrinky Dinks! I am actually really excited about this as I have tried to make a few things with shrink plastic some time back and was quite unsuccessful. You wouldn't think you could mess something like this up - especially since the stuff was made for kids - but I managed to end up with some warped and bubbly pieces of plastic that weren't so pretty. Was the oven too hot? Did I cook it too long? Who knows, but tonight I am determined to find out what I was doing wrong, plus make some really great pieces. I have some great ideas in mind for some small accessories for my Etsy shop that I have been wanting to incorporate for the longest. So, like I said, if you are intrigued by shrink plastic as much as I am or even if you just want to hang out with some members of the Richmond Craft Mafia and some of RVA's other crafty individuals meet us at the Camel tonight from 7-9. Sweet.

Comments

Tizzalicious said…
I used it a LOT when I was little, I really want to try again!
Hi Tiz! Definitely try it again, because you'll get a whole new perspective on it since you are all grown up now:)

By the way, we had an excellent time and I made one really great piece. I'll have to show it off later...

-Crystal

PS - I adore your shop!