Straight from My Heart


This year is just whizzing by, can't believe it's been over a month since Valentine's Day and the Richmond Craft Mafia's hearts being featured in the Home and Garden section of the Richmond Times Dispatch! We were mighty proud to get asked to make hearts to be included in our local paper for this special day. It is a privilege to have my work printed in the newspaper, the article got lots of attention! Many thanks to Julie Young for writing the article! I was happy to add this to the in print section of the featured area on my site. I made these 3 pillows from quilted hand painted silk and I love the way they arranged them for the picture. You can see the really crispy digital pics of all the crafty hearts paper, fabric and mixed media hearts made by my crew here. Also some great shots of the full spread here on the Richmond Craft Mafia blog.

I started out crystal j. silk with pillows and do still make them for orders, though I haven't focused on them in a while. I really enjoyed making these little heart guys and actually will be doing a new pillow collection for an upcoming event*. The heart ones here are what I call mini-pillows, about 6 inches in size. I made a variety of mini-pillows a while back, but never photographed and listed them in my shop for sale. Since making these hearts, I've been considering revisiting the concept. I'm thinking skulls, robots, maybe some diamonds or raccoons, they really could be anything, you know... What do you think?

*My big event announcement will be in the next few days. Stay tuned. ; )

Comments

I always enjoyed your work, Crystal. It's amazing. I can't wait to see you at the Spring Bada-Bing again. Keep it up, I know for a fact you are inspiring people with the passion you put into your work.
I'esha, thank you so much!!! It's always a pleasure to see you at our shows. I really appreciate the encouragement - I had no idea that my work inspired anyone! See you soon ; )